- 2017 Conference Hotel Information
- Plan Sponsor Advisory Committee 2017
- 2017 Partners and Sponsors
- FAQ's and General Info
- Career Coaching
- Professional Development Series (PDS)
- Africa Financial Summit
- NASP 2017 Conference Award Nomination Forms
- Summary from 2016 PFSC
Summary from 2016 PFSC
More than 500 attendees experienced three-days of current topical education regarding the markets and related issues. Attendees were also able to renew acquaintances and spend time with key decision-makers learning about potential new business opportunities at the 27th Annual Pension and Financial Services Conference entitled "The New Normal: Searching for Opportunity in a Complex World" which was held in Atlanta last month.
Over 150 speakers including international representatives shared their expertise across a multitude of topics helped make the conference a success. Approximately 110 fiduciaries including trustees, CIO's, treasurers and other investment staff representing 65 separate pension funds, corporations, foundations, endowments, city, state, federal and international plans also attended.
NASP was honored to have the support of over 70 Corporate Partners and Sponsors from large global services companies to leading minority and women owned firms from the financial services industry.
Featured speakers included:
- Carole Brown, Chief Financial Officer, City of Chicago
- James J. Celestine Jr., Director of Real Assets, New York State Common Retirement Fund
- Vicki Fuller, Chief Investment Officer, New York State Common Retirement Fund
- Jonathan E. Glidden, CFA, Managing Director-Pensions, Delta Air Lines, Inc.
- Hershel Harper, CFA, Chief Investment Officer, UAW Retiree Medical Benefits Trust
- Shin Kimura, Investment Manager, GE Asset Management
- Thomas K. Lee, Chief Executive Officer and Chief Investment Officer, NYSTRS
- Edward Lewis, Founder, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Essence Communications Inc.; Senior Advisor, Solara Capital
- Dr. Daniel Matjila, Chief Executive Officer, Public Investment Corporation (PIC)
- Greg McGreevey, CFA, Chief Executive Officer/Head, Invesco Fixed Income
- Eric G. Postel, Associate Administrator, USAID; Assistant Administrator, Bureau of Economic Growth, Education and Environment
- Michelle Seitz, CFA, Partner, Head, William Blair Investment Management, LLC
Throughout the conference essential topics in investment trends, strategies, and the regulatory environment in institutional asset management, brokerage and municipal finance were covered. The NASP Institute explored topics such as Real Estate: How to Access its Diversification Benefits for Your Portfolio; Are Alternatives a Good Alternative for My Portfolio?; Global Equities: Financial Globalization Post-2008 Financial Crisis; and The Elements of Manager Selection and Oversight.
The Professional Development Series is specifically designed to teach effective strategies to build leadership, communication and critical thinking skills and the conference included topics such as Let's Talk: Tactics for Presenting and Speaking to Win; Drive Your Way to Success: Career Navigation Strategies; Regulatory and Policy Shifts and the Resulting Career Trends for the Financial Services Sector; and Insights on Industry Trends within Asset Management. In addition, One-on-One Career Coaching Sessions were provided by Corporate Partners TIAA, Nationwide, Wellington Management, BNY Mellon and others. The conference included a session exclusively focused on Wealth Management with Corporate Partner Morgan Stanley entitled Advising the High Net Worth Client: Athletes, Entertainers and Entrepreneurs.
After a successful launch last year, the Africa Financial Summit™ returned to the conference examining the status of the African capital markets, the private equity landscape, the sovereign debt market and more. NASP was privileged to have speakers traveling from many countries on continent including South Africa and Uganda.
For nearly three decades the NASP annual conference has been a vital event for diversity in the industry with a focus on training and education. The conference provides numerous opportunities to engage in peer networking and to renew relationships in an inclusive environment. Thank you to conference attendees for the continued support and participation at this event!
Click HERE to view the program brochure.
Here's what some attendees had to say:
"Connecting with my peers throughout the financial services industry was a huge benefit. I am looking forward to connecting with them and building new relationships. The information was very good and timely. This was my first conference - I am looking forward to meeting again in LA!"
"The conference was fantastic! The continuous ability to network and simultaneously learn about the status of the industry was terrific. All of the social events were professional and extremely well catered."
"The mobile event app was great and easy to use. It was also fun and great to read about and see how others were experiencing and enjoying the conference.
"The CIO Panel was fantastic - it was a good mix of perspectives given the unique challenges. Overall the conference was a great networking opportunity and environment to connect with clients and prospects."
"The audience was diverse enough to cover many topics, yet small enough to foster meaningful relationships."
"My favorite parts of the conference was the Professional Development Series, The Africa Financial Summit and Sessions about: Foundations and Diversity as well as the Global Economic Update."
"I enjoyed using the event app. It was better than lugging around the conference booklet. I also appreciated that the app was directly connected to LinkedIn."