- Legislative Symposium
- Comment Letters, Testimonies and More
- MWBE Research
- Federal Pension Plan Initiative
- Emerging and Diverse Manager Forum
- Updates and Letters
Emerging and Diverse Manager Forum
THANK YOU FOR ATTENDING!
NASP Emerging and Diverse Manager Forum Held in Conjunction with 2017 Kick-Off Reception in Los Angeles
In January 2016, plan sponsors and industry practitioners shared their experiences and insight to NASP members seeking to enter the next stage of growth for their firms. Topics included Flipping the Switch: Emerging Manager Successes; Get Your Firm Ready: Defined Contribution Plans; and Rebalancing Act: Opportunities for MWBE Firms with speakers including: Joseph Kelly, Treasurer and Tax Collector, Los Angeles County; Kenneth Simril, Trustee, LACERA; and June Kim, Director, Global Equity, CalSTRS.
In addition, attendees received a timely update on NASP-USAID Investment Partnership to Mobilize Institutional Investors To Develop Africa’s Infrastructure (MIDA). Click HERE to view photos.
1:30 p.m. to 1:40 p.m.
Welcome & Overview
Norice Rice, President, NASP Southern California Chapter
Orim Graves, CFA, Executive Director, NASP
1:40 p.m. to 2:40 p.m.
Flipping the Switch: Emerging Manager Successes
- Tammy Jones, President, Basis Investment Group
- Joseph Kelly, Treasurer and Tax Collector, Los Angeles County
- Melody Rollins, CFA, CAIA, Partner, Head of Client Service & Business Development, Brightwood Capital Advisors
- Kenneth Simril, Trustee, LACERA
Moderator: Kila Weaver, Vice President, FIS Group
2:50 p.m. to 3:15 p.m.
Get Your Firm Ready: Defined Contribution Plans
- Jon P. DeBow, Senior Vice President, Marketing, Ramirez Asset Management
- James Haddon, Managing Director & Head of Marketing, Ramirez Asset Management
3:15 p.m. to 3:35 p.m.
Update on NASP-USAID Investment Partnership: Mobilizing Institutional Investors To Develop Africa’s Infrastructure (MIDA)
- Aymeric Saha, Managing Director, MIDA, NASP-USAID
- Donna Sims Wilson, Chair-Elect, Board of Directors, NASP
4:15 p.m. to 5:15 p.m.
Rebalancing Act: Opportunities for MWBE Firms
- Gwen Cheni, Assistant Portfolio Manager, Pier 88
- Marilyn Freeman, Principal and Manager, Capital Prospects
- June Kim, Director, Global Equity, CalSTRS
- Thurman White, President and CEO, Progress Investment Management Company, LLC
Moderator: Les Bond, CEO, Attucks Asset Management
5:15 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Shawn Lytle, Chair, Board of Directors, NASP
5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.