- 2016 Advocacy Day and Legislative Symposium
- Comment Letters, Testimonies and More
- MWBE Research
- Federal Pension Plan Initiative
- Emerging and Diverse Manager Forum
- Updates and Letters
Emerging and Diverse Manager Forum
Thusday, January 12, 2017
Millenium Biltmore Hotel
Los Angeles, CA
THANK YOU FOR ATTENDING!
1:30 p.m. to 1:40 p.m.
Welcome & Overview
Norice Rice, President, NASP Southern California Chapter
Orim Graves, CFA, Executive Director, NASP
1:40 p.m. to 2:40 p.m.
Flipping the Switch: Emerging Manager Successes
- Tammy Jones, President, Basis Investment Group
- Joseph Kelly, Treasurer and Tax Collector, Los Angeles County
- Melody Rollins, CFA, CAIA, Partner, Head of Client Service & Business Development, Brightwood Capital Advisors
- Kenneth Simril, Trustee, LACERA
Moderator: Kila Weaver, Vice President, FIS Group
2:50 p.m. to 3:15 p.m.
Get Your Firm Ready: Defined Contribution Plans
- Jon P. DeBow, Senior Vice President, Marketing, Ramirez Asset Management
- James Haddon, Managing Director & Head of Marketing, Ramirez Asset Management
3:15 p.m. to 3:35 p.m.
Update on NASP-USAID Investment Partnership: Mobilizing Institutional Investors To Develop Africa’s Infrastructure (MIDA)
- Aymeric Saha, Managing Director, MIDA, NASP-USAID
- Donna Sims Wilson, Chair-Elect, Board of Directors, NASP
4:15 p.m. to 5:15 p.m.
Rebalancing Act: Opportunities for MWBE Firms
- Gwen Cheni, Assistant Portfolio Manager, Pier 88
- Marilyn Freeman, Principal and Manager, Capital Prospects
- June Kim, Director, Global Equity, CalSTRS
- Thurman White, President and CEO, Progress Investment Management Company, LLC
Moderator: Les Bond, CEO, Attucks Asset Management
5:15 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Shawn Lytle, Chair, Board of Directors, NASP
5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.