- Legislative Symposium
- Comment Letters, Testimonies and More
- MWBE Research
- Federal Pension Plan Initiative
- Emerging and Diverse Manager Forum
- Updates and Letters
NASP supports equitable participation and equal opportunity in all business dealings. As part of NASP's objectives to foster the growth and development of minorities and women; of minority-controlled and women-controlled institutions in the securities industry and to pursue progressive and balanced policies affecting public and private finance, NASP has an active legislative agenda.
NASP hosts its Annual Legislative Symposium in September in Washington, D.C. Key financial oversight representatives and decision-makers from congressional committees, federal and regulatory agencies and quasi-public private sector entities participate in this event. Among others, past speakers include Timothy Massad, Former Assistant Secretary for Financial Stability, U.S. Department of the Treasury; Michael Strautmanis, Deputy Assistant to the President and Counselor for Strategic Engagement to Senior Advisor Valerie Jarrett, The White House; Roel Campos, Commissioner, The U.S. Securities and Exchange; Congresswoman Maxine Waters; Congressman Gregory Meeks; Sandra Thompson, Deputy Director, Division of Housing Mission and Goals, FHFA; Don Graves, Deputy Assistant Secretary, U.S. Department of the Treasury; and Timothy D. Hauser, Associate Solicitor, Division of Plan Benefits Security, US Department of Labor.
NASP's advocacy work includes:
- Actively working to establish standards and best practices across federal agencies related to the implementation of Section 342 of the Dodd-Frank Act and Section 1116 of the Housing and Economic Recovery Act of 2008.
- Coordinating with various agencies and departments to increase opportunities and deal flow connected with the Government’s efforts to stabilize the economy.
- Issuing comment letters to strengthen policies at the federal, state and municipal level.
- Testifying before Congress and supporting the enactment of laws related to inclusion on professional utilization of minority and women owned businesses.
- Providing expert testimony at various legislative hearings.