- 2016 Advocacy Day and Legislative Symposium
- Comment Letters, Testimonies and More
- MWBE Research
- Federal Pension Plan Initiative
- Emerging and Diverse Manager Forum
- Updates and Letters
2016 Advocacy Day and Legislative Symposium
As part of the organization's advocacy initiatives, NASP hosts an annual Legislative Symposium with key financial oversight representatives and decision-makers from congressional committees, federal and regulatory agencies and quasi-public private sector entities.
The NASP annual Legislative Symposium was held on Wednesday, September 14, 2016 in Washington, D.C. at the National Press Club. The event brought together key financial oversight representatives and decision-makers from congressional committees, federal and regulatory agencies and quasi-public private sector entities to discuss essential policy and legislative updates impacting NASP members and their firms. Speakers included:
- William Clark, Senior Vice President and Chief Investment Officer, Federal Reserve Office of Employee Benefits
- Agnes Dasewicz, Director, Private Capital and Microenterprise, USAID
- Renee Wilder Guerin, Acting Director, Office of Participant Operations and Policy, Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board
- Timothy Hauser, Deputy Assistant Secretary, Department of Labor
- Congresswoman Maxine Waters (D-CA), Ranking Member, House Financial Services Committee
- Former Congressman J.C. Watts
- Alejandra Y. Castillo, National Director, MBDA, U.S. Department of Commerce
- Update on the PBGC Smaller Manager Pilot Program , Thrift Savings Plan and Federal Reserve System
- DOL Fiduciary Standards Rule – Impact on Asset and Wealth Managers
- Looking Ahead: Where and What are the Opportunities in Africa?
- Federal Pension Funds: The Way Forward
The NASP Annual Meeting for members was held after the Symposium. A presentation highlighting NASP current and future initiatives and also provided an opportunity for members to provide feedback and suggestions. The day ended with a networking reception. Stay tuned for photos!