Exelon Investment Banking Forum
Wednesday May 3, 2017
8:30 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
Robert Treat Hotel
50 Park Place
Newark, NJ 07102
Exelon – Atlantic City Electric (ACE) is partnering with the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities Supplier Diversity Development Council (SDDC) to host an Investment Banking Forum. This one-day forum is designed to foster relationships between diversity certified financial services firms, leading consultants and corporate investment/treasury functions.
The forum will include panel discussions, networking and one-on-one meetings between corporate/institutional decision makers and diverse firms in attendance. The schedule of one on one meetings from registrants that have RSVP’d ONLY will be provided the morning of the Minority Investment Manager Forum. Please indicate in your RSVP your intent to participate in the 1x1 introductory sessions. They are highly recommended and will be scheduled for you in 15 minute time slots. Both Investment Managers and Institutional participants should participate.
John Rogers, Chairman/CEO Ariel Investments,, and Exelon Corporation Board Member will keynote the forum. David Velasquez, CEO of Pepco Holdings will also provide opening remarks that morning.
8:30am — 9:00am Registration
9:00am — 1:00pm Program (Lunch will be provided)
1:15 pm – 3:45pm 1x1 Introductory sessions: Investment Managers to Institutions
To RSVP and receive registration information, please contact Nikki Bigelow at email@example.com by Monday, May 1, 2017.
CalPERS & CalSTRS Diversity Forum
May 10, 2017
Sacramento Convention Center Complex
1400 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
The goal of the Diversity Forum is to bring together investment and corporate executives to discuss how to better capitalize on the abilities of the diverse modern workforce. The Forum will focus on:
- Recent research
- Developing and implementing positive, solutions-oriented initiatives and real world best practices
- Insight and experience of industry leaders
Click HERE for the agenda, registration details, and more!
Illinois Growth and Innovation Fund (ILGIF) Diversity Roundtable
Thursday, July 27, 2017
8:00 a.m . to 10:00 a.m.
Kirkland & Ellis Office
6th Floor Conference Center
300 North LaSalle Street
Chicago, Illinois 60654
Launched in 2016, ILGIF uses $222 million of the State’s Investment Portfolio to makes targeted investments in technology funds that invest in businesses in Illinois or with a significant Illinois workforce. ILGIF gives clear direction to ensure that fund managers and technology businesses owned by MWVD persons are recommended for receipt of ILGIF assets. Learn more at www.ILGIF.com. Attendees will learn how to position themselves for business opportunities under ILGIF. The event is no-cost.
- Who’s attending? The event is specifically designed for MWVD investment firms, specifically venture capital and private equity managers and other financial service providers that are owned (50%+ of owners) or managed (75%+ of senior managers) by minorities, women, veterans, and/or disabled persons.
- Who will be there? Treasurer Frerichs and 50 South Capital Advisors are assembling their team of investment officers and strategic partners to meet and greet with current and prospective fund managers, service providers, and start-ups.
Register today at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ilgif-diversity-roundtable-tickets-33826283324.
- What value does it have? (1) Direct contact with the Illinois State Treasurer’s Office, 50 South Capital Advisors, and their network, (2) new information on what services are in demand, and (3) special panels that speak to what works, what’s new, and what’s ahead in this fast-moving space.
CalPERS Emerging, Transition and Diverse Manager Day (Note: New event date; deadline to respond extended)
Tuesday, October 3, 2017
CalPERS Investment Office
400 Q Street
CalPERS is hosting the Fourth Annual Emerging, Transition and Diverse Manager Day. The event consists of 45 minute meetings between CalPERS asset class staff and emerging, transition, and diverse managers who have investment strategies in Private Equity, Global Equity, and Real Estate.
As the event can only accommodate a limited number of time slots, CalPERS will undergo a due diligence and screening process for all managers who submit interest and will notify selected participants with registration information.
Note: CalPERS Definitions:
Emerging: Under $2B in AUM
Transition: $2B - $15B in AUM
Diverse: 25% ownership
The submission process closes this Wednesday, May 31, 2017 at 5:00 pm PST. Click HERE to register and learn more details including the online submission link.