- Legislative Symposium
- Comment Letters, Testimonies and More
- MWBE Research
- Federal Pension Plan Initiative
- Emerging and Diverse Manager Forum
- Updates and Letters
Federal Pension Plan Initiative
NASP has been actively involved in advocating for minority- and woman-owned firms to participate in business opportunities with the federal government. NASP has:
- Worked to establish standards and best practices across federal agencies related to the implementation of Section 342 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act and Section 1116 of the Housing and Economic Recovery Act of 2008.
- Coordinated with various agencies and departments to increase opportunities and deal flow connected with the Government’s efforts to stabilize the economy.
- Issued comment letters to strengthen policies.
- Testified before Congress and supported the enactment of laws related to inclusion on professional utilization of minority- and woman-owned businesses.
The Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC): Smaller Manager Pilot Program for U.S. Core Fixed Income Asset Management & Pre-Bidders Conference Details
The PBGC is a Government owned corporation, established under Title IV of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) of 1974. The PBGC has a requirement for active investment management services for a US core fixed income portfolio with allocations ranging from $50,000,000.00 to $250,000,000.00. The portfolio objective will be to provide a total rate of return over a full market cycle that exceeds the portfolio benchmark (Barclays Capital US Aggregate Bond Index) at appropriate levels of risk.
This requirement will be available for Full and Open Competition. The appropriate NAICS code for these services is 523920 Portfolio Management with a small business size standard of $38,500,000.00. The anticipated period-of-performance for this requirement is a one (1) 12-month base period and four (4) 12-month option periods.
In order to be eligible for award, all responsible sources must be registered with the System for Award Management (SAM) and may register online at the website, www.sam.gov.
The PBGC held a pre-bidders conference to conduct industry outreach and to provide information to interested parties in regards to conducting business with the Federal Government. You can view a replay of the conference and presentation on the links below.
Click HERE to learn more about the PBGC.
Click HERE to view detailed information about the program (Solicitation Number: PBGC01-RP-15-0025)
It is anticipated that the Request for Proposal (RFP) will be issued on FedBizOpps (FBO) at www.fbo.gov on or around June 15, 2015. This date is approximate. Interested parties are responsible for monitoring the FBO website for the most up-to-date information.
On December 11, 2014, Congressman Meeks introduced H.R. 5877 to the House Committee on Education and the Workforce; Oversight and Government Reform. The bill seeks to amend the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 and title 5, United States Code, by requiring plans to establish policies addressing firm-specific risks in asset management services, greater diversification in investment strategies, and the inclusion of diverse asset managers and minority brokerage firms, and for other purposes. To view the bill that was introduced, please click HERE.
On July 10, 2008, NASP testified before the Subcommittee on Federal Workforce, Postal Service and District of Columbia on "Investing in the Future: Minority Opportunities and the Federal Retirement Thrift Savings Plan".
- Click HERE to view the official hearing record.
Select testimonies are listed below.
Click HERE to view "Investing in the Future: Minority Opportunities and the Federal Retirement Thrift Savings Plan" Thurman White, Progress Investment Management
Click HERE to view "Investing in the Future: Minority Opportunities and the Federal Retirement Thrift Savings Plan" Ed Swann, Jr., CFA FIS Group
Click HERE to view "Investing in the Future: Minority Opportunities and the Federal Retirement Thrift Savings Plan" Mellody Hobson, Ariel Investments
- Click HERE to view "Investing in the Future: Minority Opportunities and the Federal Retirement Thrift Savings Plan" Jarvis Hollingsworth, Bracewell & Guiliani