- Why Join NASP?
- Types of Membership
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Update Online Member Profile
- Join a Committee
Frequently Asked Questions
What membership do I qualify for?
- Professional: NASP Membership is based on length of industry experience. Please choose membership based on accurate years of experience in the financial services industry.
- Associate: This membership is open to Trustees/Investment Staff of Pension Plans, Endowments and Foundations, Government and Regulatory Agency employees only. This membership excludes voting rights.
- Student: Students must be enrolled in school full-time and provide proof of current enrollment.
What is my Username to log-in to the Members Only Area of the website?
- Your username is the e-mail address under which your NASP membership is registered WITHOUT your domain name (for example: The username for firstname.lastname@example.org is janedoe).
- Click the link next to "Forgot your password?" located under the "Member Login" section on the right side of the homepage.
- Enter the e-mail address that you used to become a NASP member.
- Check your e-mail address. A temporary password will be emailed to you. If you do not receive an email within 10 minutes, e-mail email@example.com or at (202) 371-5535.
How do I renew my membership?
You will receive membership renewal e-mail reminder notices 30,15, and 5 days before expiration.
- Please login to your member account.
- Select "Membership Renewal" under Account Details. You will then be asked to provide payment information. You may pay via Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- If you choose to pay via check, please select "Check" as the payment method and make check payable to the National Association of Securities Professionals, 1000 Vermont Avenue NW, Suite 810, Washington, DC 20005. Your membership will not be considered renewed until we receive your check and you will not receive NASP event discounts or other benefits until we have received your check to process payment.
How do I notify NASP of my new address, company information, etc?
Click on the My Account tab. Click My Profile, update all necessary information and click "Save Changes". Please note that the desired changes will not be updated if you do not select "Save Changes."
Am I required to join a local chapter?
You are not required to join a local chapter and we do not automatically assign you a chapter based on your address. Individual chapters coordinate networking functions, seminars, and other events to support local members. We recommend becoming a member of local chapters in order to stay abreast of local events, state/municipal legislative activities as well as local business opportunities.
Note: NASP does not select your local chapter affiliation. You may select any chapter you wish to join. Your annual membership to NASP includes chapter affiliation - there is no additional fee to join.
What are the current local chapters of NASP?
- New York
- North Carolina
- San Francisco
- Southern California
What are the benefits to joining a local chapter?
- Participate in chapter committees and share your expertise.
- Learn more about local legislative and regulatory issues, help shape chapter events and participate in development opportunities such as public speaking while meeting industry professionals in your region.
- Receive meeting and event updates from your local chapter distribution list.
Does my local chapter have a website?
Please select "NASP Local Chapters" on the menu on the top of the NASP website to find details about local chapters. This list is updated frequently, so check back often for updated chapter information.
How do I change my chapter affiliation to another chapter?
You may change your chapter affiliation once per year. Please contact the NASP office at (202) 371-5535 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org Or you can update it online.
- Login to www.nasphq.org.
- Click on the My Account tab.
- Click MyProfile, and then click Chapter Affiliation.
- Click the Edit button to select the chapter with which you wish to be affiliated from the drop-down box and “Save” your changes.”
After you change your chapter, you will be included on the roster of your newly selected chapter and will be included on all chapter notifications, mailings, etc.
If you have any other questions, please call the NASP office at (202) 371-5535.