NASP Legislative Symposium
The NASP annual Legislative Symposium was held on Wednesday, September 14th in Washington, D.C. The event brought together key financial oversight representatives and decision-makers from congressional committees, federal and regulatory agencies and quasi-public private sector entities to discuss essential policy and legislative updates impacting NASP members and their firms. Speakers included:
- William Clark, Senior Vice President and Chief Investment Officer, Federal Reserve Office of Employee Benefits
- Agnes Dasewicz, Director, Private Capital and Microenterprise, USAID
- Renee Wilder Guerin, Acting Director, Office of Participant Operations and Policy, Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board
- Timothy Hauser, Deputy Assistant Secretary, Department of Labor
- Congresswoman Maxine Waters (D-CA), Ranking Member, House Financial Services Committee
- Former Congressman J.C. Watts
- Alejandra Y. Castillo, National Director, MBDA, U.S. Department of Commerce
- Update on the PBGC Smaller Manager Pilot Program , Thrift Savings Plan and Federal Reserve System
- DOL Fiduciary Standards Rule – Impact on Asset and Wealth Managers
- Looking Ahead: Where and What are the Opportunities in Africa?
- Federal Pension Funds: The Way Forward
The NASP Annual Meeting for members was held after the Symposium. A presentation highlighting NASP current and future initiatives and also provided an opportunity for members to provide feedback and suggestions. The day ended with a networking reception. Stay tuned for photos!