Industry News and RFPs
Have you visited out the Industry News and RFP's page of the website? Important information is posted and shared in the membership newsletter. Check out alerts here before the newsletter hits your inbox. Industry events and other details are also updated in the drop down boxes of the website too. Take a minute and browse around!
NASP 2016 Conference A Success!
Have you seen the fantastic agenda for the conference? Click HERE to view! View a full summary of the conference by clicking HERE. Featured speakers included:
- Dr. Daniel Matjila, Chief Executive Officer, Public Investment Corporation (PIC)
- Edward Lewis, Founder, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Essence Communications Inc.; Senior Advisor, Solara Capital
- Vicki Fuller, Chief Investment Officer, New York State Common Retirement Fund
- Jonathan E. Glidden, CFA, Managing Director-Pensions, Delta Air Lines, Inc.
- Hershel Harper, CFA, Chief Investment Officer, UAW Retiree Medical Benefits Trust
- Thomas K. Lee, Executive Director and Chief Investment Officer, NYSTRS
- Greg McGreevey, CFA, Chief Executive Officer/Head, Invesco Fixed Income
- Michelle Seitz, Partner, Head, William Blair Investment Management, LLC
- Shin Kimura, Investment Manager, GE Asset Management
- James J. Celestine Jr., Director of Real Assets, New York State Common Retirement Fund
PBGC Selects Firms for Smaller Asset Manager Pilot Program
On June 10, 2016, the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation selected five investment management firms to participate in its pilot program for Smaller Asset Managers.
The Smaller Asset Managers Pilot Program, announced last year, was created to reduce barriers that smaller investment firms face when competing for the agency's business. Before the pilot program, these contracts were out of reach because the minimum required assets under management, often in the billions, were too large for small firms to qualify.
Each of the firms will be responsible for investing $175 million in US core fixed income instruments. NASP affiliated firms competed in the RFP process. NASP is pleased to note that Pugh Capital Management, Inc., in Seattle, Washington was one of five firms selected. To read the full press release, please click HERE.